Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: MCM sale update

  1. #1
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been too stressed out and busy to be on the board much lately, so I don't know what subjects you-all have already covered, on the topic of the MCM sale, but I thought that you-all might like some MCM info. I was there for some of the pre-sales this week, and I thought that some of you might like to have a heads-up on some facts, so you can make adjustments in your expectations and lists.....

    Some of the prices seem a little higher this year. And there seem to be a lot more limits this year......

    <u>Dolls</u>

    Historical doll: Limit 1
    (plus 1 Kaya doll)

    Marisol: Limit 1

    Girl of Today: Limit 2

    Bitty Baby and Bitty Twins: Limit 2 (twins count as two)

    Mini Doll: Limit 1

    Hopscotch Hill School Doll: Limit 2

    <u>Outfits</u>

    Historical Doll outfit: Limit 1 outfit per doll (for example you may purchase 1 outfit for Molly and 1 outfit for Samantha etc......but you may not purchase 2 outfits for one particular doll)

    Marisol Doll outfit: Limit 1

    Bitty Baby outfit: Limit 2 outfits total (May not be 2 of the same outfit and Bitty Twin outfit and Starter Collection. Each count as 2 outfits)

    Girl of Today Doll: Limit 2 outfits (may not be 2 of the same outfit)

    Hopscotch Hill School Outfit: Limit 1

    <u>Trunks</u>

    Kit Doll Trunk: Limit 2

    Historical Doll Trunks: Limit 1 per Historical Doll

    If any of you want to say hi to me, I'll be in the Kaya department, unless I happen to be a runner when you come by (running voucher items to the front, through all the crowds). I will be very glad to see you!

    Also, in case you haven't been watching the weather forecast, it's supposed to be in the 90's on Saturday and Sunday, I think.

    See you soon! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Joy [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not going and I've never been to the MCM sale, but just a couple of comments about your list. The limit of 1 historical and 1 Kaya must mean they have a lot of Kayas and trying to get rid of them which means they aren't selling very well(that doesn't surprise me).

    It also seems that they have a lot of Kit trunks if you can buy 2 of them but only 1 of any other doll trunk.

    I'm surprised about the mini dolls-limit 1 altogether or 1 total? I would have thought that you could buy 1 of each mini at least since they are a smaller item, unless they are the old glass-eyed minis.

    Would it be rude to ask what some of the prices are for some of these items, especially the larger ones like Marisols, Kayas and the other full-size dolls as well as the trunks? As I said I'm not going so this is just out of curiosity, although I might go next year. I just figured out how to buy tickets for it.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 13, 2006 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

  3. #3
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Good! Sounds like they are going to be controlling those that just come to buy and sell on EBay. I would also think that gives all time frames a chance to have a good selection of items, rather the first shifts getting all the good stuff. Sounds well thought out and fair. There are probably going to be some unhappy "campers" though! HA!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year you could get 2 Kayas. I think she's selling okay, but returned a lot because her hair is difficult to deal with, thus she shows up in big numbers at the MCM sale.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, yay. Hot like last year. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

    I'll stop by and say "hello"!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member smwoodsie2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I agree, I am glad every time slot gets a chance and they are realizing that people are buying just to resell on ebay, which defeats what the mcm is doing. I mean most people only want one of things, unless it is one for me and one for a gift, but those people don't buy more than 1 of EVERYTHING. So I am glad they are doing that, plus any left overs will be available Sunday, right?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last Year the limits on Dolls were

    1 Historical
    2 Kayas
    1 AGOT or Kailey or Lindsey

    So the limits are a bit better actually this year

  8. #8
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Joy, do you know if there are any Lindsey's and Kailey's this year? Just curious because I know there are a lot of collectors still trying to get them.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you see any Baby Polly dolls?
    What about the horse stable?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw some horse stables, but I don't know how many of them there were. It might be a voucher item, in which case they're all at the end of the check-out line and there's no way to see how many there are.

    I didn't see any Polly's, I don't think, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could just mean that I wasn't noticing them.

    I don't remember seeing any Lindsey's. There were a few Kailey's, but I don't know if there were any left after Wednesday. Some of them seemed to not have the right shoes.

    Yes. Whatever doesn't sell on Saturday will be there on Sunday.

    Yes. It does sound like the ebayers might be more under control this year. Unfortunately, some of them get multiple tickets, and some of them go through with family members or friends that they have enlisted to help them get more of things.

    Regular dolls are $55 on Saturday, and usually less on Sunday (possibly $40). The Limited Edition ones are going for $85, I think.

    Trunks are usually around $100, but I think that Kit's may be going for $80. Often those get marked down on Sunday also.

    I believe that the mini-doll limit means 1 total. There were a few with glass eyes/wigs, and that they were a few dollars more than the painted eye/rooted ones.

    Joy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •